Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm back!

Hello blogging world...I'm back! My apologies to those who had become faithful readers before my hiatus. The reason I suddenly disappeared was because my mom stumbled upon this site and read things I never wanted her to read. I have my own personal demons to battle as a result of the whole situation; Mom doesn't need to know about them. Due to a series of events, she is now locked out of the computer so I can once again express myself without fear of causing any damage. Now I want to give you a quick recap of some of the main events which have transpired since I last wrote.

Toward the end of August, Mom spent close to a week in the psych ward of our local hospital because she wanted to commit suicide. Thankfully, she didn't attempt anything and realized she needed help for all the thoughts she was having. Her experience there seemed beneficial, at least for a time. Gradually, however, she started slipping back into depression. She pulled out in front of a car on a major highway and got T-boned in the driver's side, totalling the car but leaving her without a scratch. After that, she turned in her driver's license - she will now officially never drive again. In the middle of October, she ended up back in the hospital for the same reason as before, where they once again messed with her medications. The balancing period was pretty difficult, but she finally seems to have levelled out somewhat. In more recent news, Mom got a part-time job at Kohl's working the register. So far, she has been able to do it without any problems (at least, if she has problems then she doesn't tell Brian or me about them). So those are the major happenings from the past couple months. Obviously there is much more, but those are the most noteworthy as far as Mom's condition is concerned.

You can look forward to some pretty heavy posts coming up. Having not written in a long time, I have a lot of pent-up thoughts and emotions that are eager to make their way out. And I am very eager for them to get out, because I am slowly but surely realizing how my failure to vent has had some pretty negative side effects. Now, I need to go to bed because I'm wiped...but I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and there are sure to be new posts in the near future. I welcome your comments and thank you for stopping by.

No comments: